Dig in the dirt! Nurture our flowers! Work side-by-side with our horticulturist and learn practical gardening tips and tricks. Meet people by working in our gift shop. Volunteers are an essential part of the Garden and are key to the success of our ongoing educational programs and general day to day services offered to the public.
Volunteers are utilized in various ways depending on interests and skill level. We welcome individuals, couples, groups of every size and configuration! Volunteers spending 20 hours or more earn a volunteer membership, with all the benefits of standard members.
- Increase your horticultural knowledge and gardening skills.
- Make new friends and meet people with similar interests.
- Discover new interests and abilities.
- Help to plan and run unique and popular local events.
- Participate in one of the most popular visitor destinations in Western Maine.
- Enrich your life, have fun and get your hands dirty.
Possible Volunteer Projects
- Welcome visitors to the Garden.
- Plant, weed, water, and prune.
- Help out in the library.
- Assist customers in the gift shop.
- Assist staff with office work.
- Help manage the herbarium collection.
- Work on special events.
- Help with educational programs.
For information on how to join our volunteer team please call or email us today!